Thursday, July 1, 2010

Flip Flops Just Won't Do


I see this as an excuse to purchase a new pair of summer sandals...
I also wanted to add in my friend Tracy's comment to my last blog. I wanted to include it just so I can reread it when I need to and to share it with others.

After reading this, I couldn't help but think, "What IS a pothole?" I didn't get out a dictionary, but I figure a pothole is a worn area that's been damaged too much, and is thus falling apart and needs repair. Pretty symbolic of your life. Sooo many areas that have been deeply damaged, BUT all of them can be repaired with some attention (cute workmen wouldn't hurt the process either). But when potholes are ahead, you must SLOW DOWN, or REROUTE. Going down the same road at the same speed will only end up damaging the driver. Potholes are God's way of telling us to lay off the gas and be aware of what's around us. Choose a new direction if necessary, until the road is completely repaired and safe again.

I'm sorry Brian is not being the father you'd hoped he'd be. Not fair. Not fair that you can't catch a break- you DESERVE one, you NEED one. Is this the right path? I don't know what God's telling you, but I DO know that staying married to him seemed like the WRONG path. NO path is without potholes. Some even have complete detours, or actual roadblocks. That's how life is. BUT, you get to choose which part of the journey you give your attention to - If you get the chance, try not to focus on the potholes in the middle of the road - turn your head, look out the window, and enjoy the flowers by the roadside, that's where the beauty is....

Hang in there. I will pray, too....

Wise words for us all- Thanks Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment