Sunday, May 9, 2010

My First Post 5/9/2010


Well, it's Mother's Day and here's a picture of my kids at Christmas?? I have a lot of individual pictures but not many with all 3 cooperating and smiling!
This years Mother's Day was a bit different. I can truly say that my husband spoiled me on this day when we were married. He always got the kids up to help cook breakfast for me. They usually made me stay in bed until they brought breakfast in with all their handmade and purchased presents. I can remember a lot of the nice gifts my husband got me> I can't remember last years. I can't even remember Mother's Day last year. It was right in the beginning of the end for our marriage. I was contemplating what I should do. I had been contemplating for about a year at that point. It's probably good that I just remember the good Mother's days.
This morning was a little different> I had to wake up the kids-however...the child whom I butt heads with the most (Brett) and who also is the most sensitive is the one who remembered to wish me a "Happy Mother's Day"- and cook me scrambled eggs! They also had their present presentation for me- all the hand-made gifts from school that I save year to year. One of the disappointments was from my oldest..who now in 6th grade does not make hand-made gifts at school- nor does he go out to purchase a gift. It's just sad that he's getting older.
We all went to church as usual but I wanted to have an afternoon to myself without the hassle of making everyone lunch & dinner. Their dad thought this was somehow odd that I wanted to "get rid" of them as he says. I just wanted an afternoon to myself. As things turned out- I ended up going to the movies with my oldest son to see "Iron Man". I know it wasn't his first choice to go with ME- but he went and we shared the popcorn. I know someday that he won't be caught dead with me at the theater-so I took this opportunity instead of staying home alone. I did however take him back to his dad's and came home to cook myself a filet mignon on the grill-(my dad had brought over some and I saved it in the freezer for myself) I started a fire in the fireplace turned on some tunes had a glass of wine or two and enjoyed. I also finished it off with ANOTHER slice of Kahlua cake that I had made for myself on a whim Friday night.
Overall- it was a different Mother's Day for me but it was a good different.
A different road.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog explanation is inspiring! You have grown so much since our first few years as friends - I admire you! I know you are now in unchartered territory, and I am excited to follow your discoveries here on your blog, and in person over a glass of wine. Put on those hiking shoes, girlfriend - life's gonna get really interesting now!!!!

    ReplyDelete