Monday, May 10, 2010

Putting on my hiking boots


A good friend told me to put on my hiking boots on-be ready for the new road. I couldn't have gotten on that road or stayed on it without this friend. So I say "Thank You!"

It's weird for me to embrace this new life because with this new life came some casualties from the destruction of the old life. These of course have been my kids. How will this will effect them for the rest of their lives?? I don't know? I thought a lot about that and if I should even get divorced because of what it would do to the kids. One piece of advice was to wait until they were older...out of the house- didn't like that one>what do I do in the meantime? Another piece of advice was just don't do it. Well- that wasn't a choice anymore. They say kids are resilient-- I sure hope that's true! Every parent questions their choices in regards to their kids- and parents aren't perfect! I hope that I will not regret my choice- and pray that they understand their mom's choice one day.

I had a lot of nice comments from friends about my article "Why Should Kids Go to Church"- Why did I post that? Well- I posted it on FB because I think that's one way I can do God's work without pushing it in anyone's "face"- hey if you want to read it- Yea! if not that's fine- but it's out there-

I also had some friends reach out today- this was their first time finding out that I was divorced- I really appreciate the care and concern from you.

I'm talking a lot about my divorce- but this is not a blog to bash my ex.- I have no intention in doing that. If my children ever happen open this blog I don't want them to be upset or ashamed at anything written here about their father- that won't happen here. This blog is a way for me to express my thoughts and if my friends want to read them- I'll love them all the more!

No comments:

Post a Comment