Thursday, May 20, 2010

Paths you have to take



Stairs are a pain in the ass. These are pictures of my stairs in my house. Some of you already know that when you're at my home you HAVE to go upstairs or downstairs (in the basement) to use the bathroom facilities. What a pain! Who designed this place?? I hate these stairs, but I must use them everyday. I have fallen many times down these steps- when my hands were full with laundry, when I was pregnant, when I've been holding a child, and when I've been going too fast I've just slipped right down. I've hurt myself on these and cried many times (and probably said a couple swear words too!) But they're something I have to deal with everyday.
These stairs are like the paths we have to take. I've been on these steps a few thousand times- but each time there has been a different outcome. Some of them have been hurtful and some pretty cool (like when your baby first pulls himself up by using them), and sometimes not much happens like just taking up the laundry or going to bed. It's a lot like this journey we all are on. There are lots of paths that we our on that have led us to heartache, pain, and happiness, and a lot of times the paths are mundane and boring. That is what life is about- discovering things on our chosen paths- and I must say my path has been a combination of all those adjectives- but whose isn't?
Some paths we have no choice to be on- but there are other paths that we could decide to take- but for some reason we become afraid when the path gets too bumpy or lazy when it becomes too steep. Sometimes, there is a bunch of junk piled up on the path ( stairs)- and we continue to ignore it until it grows into a unknown creature who lives on the stairs and then=AHHH! PLOP! You've fallen again. There are things that we ignore in our lives in hopes that it will just go away- but instead it keeps growing until it eventually hurts us.
As I go up my stairs everyday- I like to think that God is with me every step of the way- I'm not guarenteed to not fall or get hurt in this life- but you are guarenteed that God will be with you every step of the way.
Let's climb some stairs...

No comments:

Post a Comment